Vegan Banana Pancakes
Vegan, gluten-free, banana pancakes
While traveling to new places you sometimes realize they don’t have your favorite breakfast ingredients without plastic packaging, so what I do? I look around, find alternatives and create something new 😀
In Mexico I couldn’t find oats without plastic. This made me find corn flour and I create corn flour banana pancakes and savory flat bread.
Vegan corn-flour banana pancakes recipe
Ingredients for 10 pancakes (depending on the size):
- 1 banana
- 2 cups corn flour
- 2 cups water
- oil for frying (coconut, peanut, olive…)
- Topping: jam, agave syrup, maple syrup, fruits, peanut butter, pick your favorite!
- Take a bowl and mash the banana with a fork.
- Then fill with the corn flour and poor 1 cup of water into the flour. Mix with the fork, and then pour another 1/2 cup of water into the bowl.
- The dough needs to be smooth, but not too wet. It needs to be dry enough so you can form the pancakes in your hand.
- Heat the oil in a pan and then fry the pancakes.
- Top with your favorite topping and enjoy!
- If you want to make savory ones, just skip the banana, use some herbs, fry some onions and garlic and spinach to mix into the dough, and make some guacamole for topping. Makes a great snack to take for a picknick or hike too.