Natural Body Care Products for camping (and at home)
Why you should look out for natural body care products for camping (and for your daily routine)?
Your body is the engine that keeps you alive. And without mother earth we can’t survive…
Oh gosh that sounds dramatic right 😀 but it’s actually true!
Our heart and all the other organs keep us alive, and without a clean and healthy nature we don’t have clean air to breathe or clean water to drink.
Your biggest organ is actually your skin. It keeps your body together, it is a protection shield. It heals when you have a scratch, your pores help you to get rid of “waste”, the skin can regulate temperature and so much more. You shouldn’t take it for granted, you should treat your biggest organ well.
You should treat your body well and if you choose products that are vegan and organic you even do something good for the animals and the environment 🙂
And since we all love nature natural beauty products are worth a look.
What you can do for a healthier body and planet:
- Eat natural food, mostly plants: keep the processed convenience food in the supermarkets, buy fresh produce and cook from scratch (check out my favorite recipes here)
- Use natural body care products/cosmetics.
- Use organic beauty products.
- Use natural oils (olive oil, almond oil, coconut oil, rapeseed oil…) instead of mineral oil based body lotions.
- Treat your skin well: don’t expose it too long to the sun. Protect it against the cold.
- Do natural peelings (easy microplastic free DIY peeling: olive oil plus salt or sugar) at least once a month, because our skin renews every 28 days. This way we can help to keep pores open and help the skin to stay fresh.
- Get some daylight.
- Do sports regularly.
- When camping/hiking only use natural products and don’t use shampoo and soap in wild streams. “Wash yourself and dishes 200 feet away from streams and lakes!-> Leave No Trace“
Natural body care products/ recommendations for camping:
Most Conventional sunscreen has harmful ingredients for corals and other ocean wild life. That’s why it is important to get mineral based sunscreen if you tend to go for a dip into a wild stream while camping. Learn more-> Sunscreen and their danger for corals.
Yes we all sweat while on an outdoor adventure: Try this vegan, natural, aluminum free deodorant that comes in a jar.
Or try this recipe for a spray deodorant. Great way to reuse hand desinfection spray bottles.
Natural Lip Balm
Did you know most conventional lip balm (and also body lotions) is made with mineral oil? It is just everywhere.. This Lip Balm is made with all natural ingredients and comes in a tin.
Or try to make your own lip balm, to protect your lips while hiking ->
A lot of toothpaste has micro plastic inside. So no matter if you spit it out into a sink or into the woods when camping, make sure your toothpaste is micro plastic free!!
Why not try a natural toothpaste that comes in a glass jar, or try toothpaste tablets. You can find these at Lush or in zero waste stores.
Say goodbye to plastic bottled shampoo! Try a shampoo bar instead. It is much smaller and easier to carry in your backpack too.
A lot of online stores have them in store already, zero waste stores and bigger supermarkets too. Or get on the “hunt” on farmers markets. Just try to avoid conventional palm-oil products!!
Tea tree oil is a great natural treatment if you have spots. You just need a tiny amount on a q-tip. It can also help against mosquitos. Just mix it with coconut oil and rub it on your arms and legs. Make your own natural repellent.
thehappychoices.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We are also affiliate partner for other programs/stores like shareasale, lifewithoutplastic.com, etc.