Homemade face scrub, deodorant and mosquito-repellent
Making your own peelings, cleaning products, food, etc. is a great opportunity to avoid plastics and unhealthy ingredients. And mostly it is really easy to do this.
Are you ready to make your own happy choices?
This time I will show you a recipe for a face scrub, Deodorant and Mosquito Repellent.
(Some Links on this site are affiliate links. This means if you buy from one of those links I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you)
Natural face scrub
No micro plastic or other spooky stuff in your homemade face scrub.. You just need two ingredients: Oil and salt or sugar or coffee grounds!
My favorite is Oliveoil/Coconutoil plus salt. Because I have at least some of these ingredients in my kitchen all the time and don’t need to buy extra stuff.
- I take 2 tablespoons of Oil and 1 Tbs salt. Mix it and peel it 😉
Its great to use natural oil (best is unprocessed), its rich in vitamins, has antioxidant properties, fights bacteria and moisterizes. So its even great for dry skin because the oil stays on your skin and is protecting it when you go showering afterwards.
You can use brown sugar, white sugar, your favorite oil and essential oils, coffee or tea, etc….
Tip: Beware of the oil when you are in the shower! It could become slippy if oil and water gets mixed. So be careful!
Coffee body scrub
10 tbsp used coffee grounds from your morning coffee plus 4 tbsp liquid coconut oil, oliveoil or jojoba oil
Lemon body and face scrub
60 g coconut oil, 250 g sugar, 2-3 tbsp grated organic lemon peel (if you like you can add 5-10 drops essential lemon oil for a more intense lemon scent).
You first need to liquefy the coconut oil (easiest to do in a hot water bath in the jar you like to use for the peeling) and then mix in the other ingredients.
- 100 ml boiled water, still a little bit warm
- 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda* (If there are different ones available take the finely grounded one)
- and 3-5 drops of your favorite essential oil*. I actually used tiger balm because it has been the only thing I had with me and it worked great and gives a cooling feeling too.
- Mix the warm water with the Bicarbonate of Soda and the Essential Oils and stir until the baking soda has fully dissolved.
- Fill into your spray bottle (I used an empty spray bottle from mosquito repellent) and you are ready to go.
- Make sure to shake every time before using because the essential oils will swim on top after a while.
I reused an old mosquito spray bottle for my deodorant spray
thehappychoices.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We are also affiliate partner for other programs/stores like shareasale, lifewithoutplastic.com, etc.